December 14, 2009

The Spelling Bee

Devon participated in a Spelling Bee for all of the first graders in his school. It was for the top 15 finalists, and Kylie and I were able to go watch. Devon did awesome... and he eventually won the whole thing, so he walked away as the First Grade Spelling Bee Champion! We were so proud of him. :) Here are a few pictures and then a video of his last word he had to spell which was "current". I'm not sure how good the quality is going to be since I took it with my phone.

7 comments:

Stefani Bellows said...

That is so cool he won!! What a genius! Although I'm not surprised at all that he won. What an amazing kid! :)

Stefani Bellows said...

BTW, I am so pumped you updated your blog . . . now I can go on living my life. :)

Karolyn said...

He was always such a smart kid. That's really impressive for him to win the entire thing. I remember that in preschool he was the only one who could really read at age 3.

Cris said...

Awesome job, Devon!

~kenna

Shantel said...

WhooHoo! Congrats Devon! What a smarty!

Kathy said...

That is so awesome. Way to go Devon!!

Dani and Chandler said...

Way to go Devon!!!!!!! I'd be way too scared to do that.