August 01, 2008

We Have Our 1st Swimmer!

Devon & Tyson have been taking personal swimming lessons the last two weeks and we are ecstatic with the results-last year Devon had group lessons and we didn't see any progress. Now, Tyson is fearless and swimming very well and Devon is officially swimming by himself! He can jump in the pool, go wherever he wants, float when he needs a rest, etc (I guess you know what it means to be a swimmer but it is so fun as a parent to see our child get to this stage:) Way to go boys!

8 comments:

Stefani Bellows said...

Yeah for Devon & Tyson! That is so exciting. I'm glad the swimming lessons turned out to be so good. That pic of Devon jumping into the pool is so tight! I love it!

Emily Andrus said...

Tell Devon great job on the swimming! Ava and Bailey would love to swim with him. It looks like you are having a fun summer.

jaredandjen said...

I love the pic of Devon jumping into the pool. How exciting for him to be independent in the pool.

Dr. Joel Henriod said...

Way to go, Devon and Tyson! We can't wait to go swimming with you...We miss you, and Devon you're my best bud in the whole world. Let's play swords.
Kimball

Karolyn said...

Devon looks so happy to be in the water. Mila wants to say, "I am so happy to go to kindergarten, and I'm reading too." We miss you guys.

Jacy said...

What a great accomplishment! I'm sure this must be a wonderful relief for you, too-- it's probably just the nurse in me, but pools make me nervous! But you just can't beat the pool on a hot summer day. How fun!!

The Corbridge's said...

Jacy- Yeah, it is a huge relief! Pools make me very nervous but I love them so I am really glad I don't need to worry about Devon anymore! :)

Shantel said...

You're boys are a blast! I'm glad I got a chance to see you and your boys, even if it was just for a bit. Hopefully I'll get to see that darling little girl too sometime. I sure miss you and your cute family! So fun!